About Addressing the Opportunity Gap
Addressing the Opportunity Gap is a community campaign to raise at least $100,000 to accelerate and expand our school district’s equity work. The Portland Promise, our schools' comprehensive plan, has a goal of rooting out systemic and ongoing inequities in our schools.
Your donation will go towards:
• Additional supports for English learners
• Developing Wabanaki and Africana studies curriculum for our three high schools
• Purchasing culturally responsive books and resources, including texts written by Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) authors
• Providing professional development preK-12 for teachers to understand the content and context of anti-racist curriculum and how it can be taught
• Launching a pilot program to mentor a small group of multilingual, BIPOC social work interns who better represent the racial and language diversity in Portland